Thursday, April 03, 2008

Signposts

You gotta love this.

It reminds me of this little bit I wrote earlier this year, which I attributed to "Roddy Rascal":

Throughout history, murder has been a much-discussed topic. I think this raises the question of whether it is okay to murder people. Looking more closely at the question, it has to be said that it can be answered in many ways. This essay will analyze the issue and address various aspects of it. I would like to argue that I think it is our own minds that we all have to make up about whether it can be argued that everybody has to decide for themselves in every individual case whether it is okay to commit murder.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great little "essay" you linked to. Love it, indeed.

You have to use this in your language and/or writing classes. Seriously. This is a perfect prototype on how an essay has to be structured. It could turn out to be rather effective.

Andrew Shields said...

I used it this morning already! :-)

Anonymous said...

Atta boy! (o;
How did it go?

By the way, I've got my own little April-poetry project going on. Though it's of a different kind than yours and not participatory per se. I'm also sporting a new design. Well, my blog is.

(My DPP vote's coming up tomorrow, i.e. today, i.e. Saturday.)

Andrew Shields said...

I don't think the students really responded to the text. I tried to make claer that they should not misunderstand it as a how-to text!